- Dish type
- Starters with cheese
This dip is the perfect nibble to serve with crisps or pitta triangles at a party. Good hot, cold or room temperature.
55 people made this
- 1 (390g) tin artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- (8 fl oz) mayonnaise
- 150g (5 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- 60g (2 oz) jarred Jalapeno chillies, drained and diced
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cheese and chillies. Mix well and pour into a 2 litre casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with chopped spring onions and chopped tomato if desired.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(78)
Reviews in English (58)
by Stacy C
I am a very experienced cook and most people love my cookiing. The point I am trying to make is that over the years I have learned what goes well together. I have tweeked this receipe and here goes..instead of 1 cup of mayo I used 1 cup of sour cream..and also added 1 can of rotel tomatoe and chilis mix(drained well with about a 1/4 cup extra parm. cheese...Yum ! also I omitted the chilis since the rotel has them in there..-14 Jun 2007
Just mayonnaise made this recipe too oily. An 8 ounce package of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise instead of all mayonnaise would a big impovement!-20 Jan 2001
Spicy Cheesy Artichoke Dip
Sriracha Gouda is the secret ingredient in one of my favorite hot dips of the year.
Hot artichoke dips are not exactly revolutionary, but there are just so eternally great. This one is slapped with a dose of two different cheeses: Fontina, and Gouda spiked with Sriracha sauce. The rich dip is finished with a sparkly pop of lemon.
Swedish-style Fontina melts like a charm – this won’t be the only dip you’ll use it in (not to mention other creamy melty cheese dishes).
The Sriracha Gouda is a perfectly matched combo of sweet creamy Gouda laced with Sriracha sauce, which definitely brings the heat! The rind is ribbed with crushed red pepper flakes, taking it up another little notch (you can take it, I promise). The little red flecks also add bit of color to various recipes, especially when used in a pale, creamy sauce.
How to Make Artichoke Jalapeno Dip
- Add a drained jar of artichokes to a food process. You want to process until they are coarsely chopped.
- Add in the garlic and jalapeno. You want to make sure both are chopped so it mixes in evenly and you don’t get big chunks in your dip.
- Finally add in the rest of the ingredients cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Process until it is smooth and creamy.
- That is it – store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- You can serve cold or warm with pita chips, crackers, veggies or your favorite dipper.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
So, what are some of your favorite appetizers served at Super Bowl parties? I&rsquod love to know what everybody usually makes! Our favorites are of course, hot dips! We also love nachos, jalapeno poppers and 7 layer bean dip too just to name a few. In just 15 days we will be enjoying lots of delicious food and watching Super Bowl 50 with friends and family!
Yum, just look at this hot, tasty appetizer oozing with cheesy goodness! Grab your favorite chips, crackers or bread, and dig in!
This is cheesy, gooey good! Make sure to pick up the ingredients before the Super Bowl, and enjoy this spicy spinach artichoke dip at all of your parties, pot lucks or family gatherings!
Spicy Artichoke Cheese Dip Recipe
Artichoke Parmesan Dip
This is an easy recipe for cold artichoke parmesan dip that takes 5 minutes to make! You can make it ahead and store in the fridge until ready to serve!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (240 grams)
- 1.5 cups Artichoke Hearts, water drained
- 3 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Fresh Chives
- A Generous Pinch of Black Pepper
- A Pinch of Salt
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and process until smooth (or to your liking).
- Serve right away or chilled!
- This cold artichoke parmesan dip can keep in the fridge up to 4 days when stored properly. For best food experience enjoy within 2 days.
- The ingredient quantities can be adjusted to your liking!
- Position racks in middle and upper third of oven and preheat to 475ºF.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium. Add garlic and parsley and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add spinach and artichokes, toss to coat, and cook, covered, until artichokes are tender, 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until juices thicken, about 2 minutes. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and a pinch of black pepper. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest.
- Sprinkle 2 rimless baking sheets with cornmeal. Roll out half of the dough on floured surface to a 12x7" oval. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Sprinkle each round with 1/2 cup Parmesan, then top evenly with artichoke and spinach mixture. Top with remaining 1 cup Parmesan and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until crust is golden brown, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine honey and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Remove flatbreads from oven. Top with prosciutto and drizzle with spicy honey. Cut flatbreads into wedges and serve.
3 Ingredient Artichoke Dip
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my disclosure policy.
This cheesy artichoke dip comes together in less than 15 minutes with just 3 ingredients! Filled with artichokes, cheese, and baked to golden perfection!
Ingredients for Artichoke Dip
- Italian Cheese Blend – shredded
- Cream Cheese – softened
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts – roughly chopped
- Jalapeños (optional)
- Canned Corn (optional)
- Diced Tomatoes (optional)
- Cooked, Drained Spinach (optional)
Note the list of optional ingredients – you can really get creative with this recipe! The three basic ingredients are just a base!
Some artichoke dip recipes call for mayonnaise, but I have found it unnecessary. You really don’t need it. If you’d like to add a little, it’s certainly delicious, but this appetizer recipe is rich enough without it!
How to make artichoke dip:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a medium sized oven safe dish. Bake at 350 F until bubbly and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with sliced baguette, tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh veggies!
Artichoke Dip FAQ:
You can lighten this recipe up by opting for light cream cheese and low fat shredded cheese. Serve with sliced fresh veggies instead of bread.
This dip recipe is best when made with a blend of shredded Italian cheese such as mozzarella and parmesan.
I have found that the marinated artichoke hearts from Trader Joe’s are truly the BEST for this recipe! I drain the liquid, which leaves you with 8 oz of artichoke hearts to mix into this dip!
Adding a Spicy Element to your Dressing
You have some latitude here! I’ve made this spicy ranch dressing with a range of spicy ingredients, and sriracha, curry paste, and salsa negra all work great. The version you see pictured here was made with sriracha. Or you can skip the spicy altogether, it’s completely your call.
Smooth versus Chunky Artichoke Dip?
There is some debate about which is better – chunky or smooth artichoke dip? I prefer smooth. A quick pulse in a blender, food processor or hand blender brings everything to a base that bakes extra creamy. I’ve also found that kids like the smooth version best. Probably because nothing can be seen in it as offensive. Laugh cry. But if you like a little more texture, just use chopped artichokes and skip the blending phase or just go super easy with it.
Slow Cooker Cook Time
Once you have all the ingredients in the slow cooker, cook on High until the cheese has completely melted.
For our 6 quart Crock Pot Programmable Slow Cooker, it took just shy of one hour for the cheese to melt.
Cook until the cheese has melted. Keep warm until ready to be served.
However, all slow cookers cook at different levels. So be sure to start this spicy queso dip well ahead of time. And then place your slow cooker on the keep warm setting until ready to serve.
Once it is time to eat, simply stir the dip and serve with tortilla chips!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.