We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
A great low carb/high protein dish that is very easy to make.
Angus, Scotland, UK
2 people made this
- 1 (200g) chicken breast
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 47ml Elmlea® single cream
- butter flavour cooking spray
- 1 or 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Coat chicken breast with some cooking spray and black pepper. Place in a baking dish and cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Set chicken breast aside to rest.
- Coat a frying pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and fry for roughly 7-8 minutes.
- At the same time, lightly spray a small pot with cooking spray; add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Pour in cream and warm through. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken breast with fried mushrooms and cream sauce on top.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
Creamy Pepper Jack Chicken Enchiladas
Last week I asked my husband what he wanted me to make him for his birthday, and his answer was “Jan’s Enchiladas.” Jan is my sister’s mother-in-law, and this is one of her many excellent recipes. I love it because it’s simple to put together, and I love creamy sauces and the slight kick of pepper jack cheese. Let’s take a look at the process for making this tasty cheesy pepper jack chicken enchiladas recipe.
Start by cooking and shredding your chicken. I always use my Kitchen Aid mixer. Throw in two or three cooked breasts, start on a low speed, speed up a bit and you are done in a jiffy. Don’t run it too long or it’ll be too finely shredded. It works. I love it!
Mix the green chilis in with the chicken (do not drain).
Shred the cheese. Load your tortillas with the chicken mixture and a generous amount of cheese.
Roll the loaded tortillas and line them up in a greased dish.
Mix together the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup, and thin it a bit with milk.
Spread the mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the rest of the cheese.
- 6 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente drain.
While pasta is cooking, melt cream cheese and butter in a skillet over low heat. Stir until smooth. Stir in milk, and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Mix in chicken, broccoli, zucchini, and red pepper. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, then reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve over fettuccine.
How to make lemon pepper chicken
1) Mix 3 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning with flour. Pat the tops (skin side) of chicken thighs with this seasoning mixture.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on high-medium heat in a large skillet.
3) Add chicken thighs skin side down and cook for about 4 minutes on high-medium heat until browned, uncovered.
4) Sprinkle the other side of chicken with 1 teaspoon more of lemon pepper seasoning.
5) Flip the chicken thighs over and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. The skin side of chicken thighs should be nicely browned like this:
6) Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
7) Place chicken thighs skin side up (crispy side up) on the baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked, the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the center:
8) In the meantime, while the chicken is baking, make the sauce with garlic, chicken stock, heavy cream, lemon pepper seasoning, and shredded cheese (Parmesan, Mozzarella, or both).
9) Add 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and top with chopped green onions:
10) Add cooked lemon pepper chicken thighs to the skillet on top of the sauce.
11) Top with chopped parsley and decorate with a few slices of lemon:
With spring out in full force and summer knocking at the door, I’m ready to relax into a little less work and a little more play. You know, long afternoons at the pool or playground, lazy weekend mornings in our PJs in the backyard, evenings looking for fireflies and sipping on something delicious. Maybe this Hawaiian stone sour! Or this raspberry champagne cocktail. Mmm… Sorry, distracted by the drinks. Anyway, today I’m bringing you creamy chipotle chicken — a quick and easy dinner that’s big on flavor! It’s ready in 30 minutes so you can spend more time in play mode!
CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This recipe is based on my chicken breasts with jalapeño cheese sauce recipe – same technique, just a slightly different flavor in the sauce. Can you tell I like some spicy and some smoky flavors?! (Go check that one out if you’re with me – you will LOVE it!) And this one too. This creamy chicken dinner – which doesn’t use any cream, by the way, so it’s still nice and light for spring and summer – is saucy and smoky and rich and all kinds of spoon-licking good!
We love serving this over steamed brown rice with plenty of extra sauce! You could also try it over quinoa or even pasta. As for sides, we love this steamed lemon butter asparagus in the spring or just some steamed or roasted broccoli or broccolini. Whatever’s your favorite veggie! Flavor up your next chicken dinner with this easy creamy chipotle chicken!
A few notes on this creamy chipotle chicken:
- You sear the chicken in the pan and then remove it to make the sauce. The chicken will be returned to the pan to cook the rest of the way through.
- To make things efficient, you can chop your onion, garlic, and chipotle peppers while the chicken is searing.
- I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese here. Full fat would work fine, too. You could substitute fat-free cream cheese if that’s what you prefer, but it’ll lose a little richness.
- I use 3 chipotle peppers and 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce in this recipe. You can increase or decrease that to your liking.
Want more 30 minute meals?
Want more chipotle flavor?
Tools used in this Creamy Chipotle Chicken
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Tongs: A good pair of tongs is a kitchen essential. I like having a couple sizes – a longer set for grilling and a shorter set for stovetop cooking.
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo: These spicy peppers give a great smoky flavor to any dish!
Chicken Broth: I like cartons of chicken broth over cans. This way if I don’t use all the broth for one meal, I can pop the rest in the fridge for later use.
- 1 poblano chile
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Roast chile over a gas burner or under the broiler, until charred all over. Wrap in paper towel steam 5 minutes. Rub off skin remove seeds and ribs. Chop coarsely.
Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a small saucepan over medium heat add onion and garlic cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chile and cream.
Puree in blender add water if too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat remaining tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden and juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with sauce.
1 cup salsa, divided
1 carton (8 ounce size) low-fat sour cream
6 flour tortillas (10-inch size)
1 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
1/3 cup chopped tomato
1/3 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 11x7 baking dish.
Combine half of the salsa with the sour cream in a bowl and mix well. Spread one side of each tortilla with the sour cream mixture.
Evenly divide the chicken, tomato, bell pepper, and onion between the tortillas, placing the ingredients down the center of each. Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
Drizzle the remaining salsa over the top of the rolled tortillas.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the tortillas. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted.
Best Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Everyone has their busy weeknights where they want a simple chicken dinner and our lemon pepper chicken is definitely on the top of everyones list! It&rsquos simple, non-fussy, loaded with flavor and enjoyed by everyone in the family. Kids especially love this recipe because there&rsquos lots of sauce that they can add on top of the lemon pepper chicken or on top of their favorite pasta or rice. Lemons are available year round and it&rsquos a beloved citrus to add to sauces because of they bright and vibrant flavors.
We’re using a lot of the same ingredients like butter, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. What makes this chicken dinner to the next level is chicken broth and a big splash of heavy cream. The sauce has a nice creamy consistency that would taste AMAZING tossed in some angel hair pasta. The pasta-abilities are ENDLESS. See what I did there.
Prepare the flour spice by blending the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Set aside on a plate or wax paper. Prepare the batter by mixing the eggs with a whisk, in a large bowl.
Add the cream and beer. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
In a deep, heavy skillet, heat the oil to 350 degrees F. While the oil is heating, prepare the round steaks by dredging them in the flour spice, taking care to evenly coat the meat. Shake off any excess.
Dip the meat into the batter, and then again in the flour spice, evenly coating the batter so it is dry on the outside. When the oil temperature reaches 350 degrees F (when a drop of batter sizzles when dropped in it), gently slide one steak into the hot oil. Cook the steak about 5 minutes.
Turn in, taking care not to break the coating, and cook the meat 5 more minutes, or until the batter is nicely browned. Drain the cooked steak on paper towels. Repeat with the other steaks.
Hold the cooked steaks in a 225 degrees F oven until all steaks are done. Pour Cracker-Pepper Gravy over the steaks and serve.
CREAM GRAVY: Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
When the foam goes down, whisk in the flour. Continually whisk until the flour cooks, becoming a fragrant light brown.
Slowly add the milk, continuing to whisk to keep lumps from forming. Stir in the cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer gravy (do not let it boil) for 10 minutes to cook and reduce. Serve hot.