The first time we deal with mashed potatoes.
Peel the potatoes, wash them well and then cut them into smaller pieces.
Boil them in salted water then cover the pot with a lid.
Let it boil until the fork enters them easily.
Then we take care of the meat.
Heat the oil in a saucepan.
We cut the meat into larger pieces and when the oil has heated we put it in the pan.
Cover the pan with a lid, and let the meat simmer, stirring occasionally.
After the meat is done, add the paprika, a little salt and a cup of water.
Put the lid back on the pot, and let it boil until it drops a little.
Prepared in this way, the meat does not harden but remains soft.
After the meat is done, we check the potatoes, and if the fork enters them easily, it means that they are ready.
Drain the water from them, then grind them, add the butter, salt to taste and little by little add the milk, until we reach the desired consistency.
Then serve the mashed potatoes with the meat.
I put a spoonful of the formed sauce on top of the puree.
Pork Ribs with Mashed Potatoes
For pork ribs
Wash the ribs and put them in a pot. Pour enough beer over it to cover it (you can put ½ beer and ½ water).
Add the chopped bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns and a pinch of salt.
Put the covered pot to boil, over high heat until it starts to boil, then turn on low heat and leave for about 90 minutes or until the ribs are done, but the meat is still firm.
Remove from the pan, drain and cool.
Pour over the cooled ribs placed in a large bowl and refrigerate until the next day.
Line a grill pan with aluminum foil, including the side walls (the aluminum foil will reflect heat on the meat and you will no longer have to turn the meat during cooking, and it will cook / roast evenly).
Portion the ribs removed from the marinade, place the pieces on the grill of the tray and pour the marinade over them.
Put in the hot oven for about 50-60 minutes, at 160 degrees or until the meat is done, the marinade is low and the ribs are nicely browned.
* If you do not have a grill pan, put the meat on the grill of the stove and place a tray underneath in which you pour 2 cups of water.
For the marinade
Mix the marinade ingredients and mix well.
For mashed potatoes
The potatoes are cleaned, kept in cold water, drained well, then boiled until soft. Drain the water and pass the potatoes well. If you need some liquid to care for them, add 100 ml of milk. Then put the puree on the fire, put the milk, cream and butter and mix very well, until it is incorporated into everything and everything becomes a whole. When the resulting puree is hot, add green onions or leeks, cut into thin strips. Mix well.
Serve the pork ribs with mashed potatoes and a classic salad of vegetables.
Method of preparation
Turkey soup with dumplings
Wash the cup well and put it in a pot with a pinch of salt, to boil. Remove the foam that forms the vegetables
In a large pot put about 4 liters of water, poultry and a teaspoon of salt. Place
Baked pork neck with baked mashed potatoes
Warning! This article is not recommended for those with triglycerides, high blood sugar or cholesterol (or above). It is also not recommended for followers of healthy foods that never deviate from their belief. Not to be read in the evening, after 18:00!
Now that we're left with each other, let's see what we can do with a pig's neck other than the well-known grill. We can make a steak on the tray, from the "slow fast food" category (in my translation it would mean that it is done slowly but it disappears quickly from the plate).
What do you need?
- Two slices of boneless pork neck, appropriately thick (about 1.5 cm), about 200 g each
- A few cloves of garlic (about four): clean two of them and slice them lengthwise into 3-4 strips, crush two of them a little in the shell, after you have previously washed them (without detergent)
- 2 - 3 thyme threads (found: green or dry)
- a dozen red peppercorns
- a sharp knife tip
- a teaspoon of paprika (if you don't have one, do as I do: replace it with dehydrated bell peppers)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- a tablespoon of grape seed oil
- 100 mL white wine, sec
- 100 ml of water.
- 4 - 5 suitable potatoes of the same size
- 30 - 40 g of butter
- 50 - 60 g Greek fat yogurt (10% fat)
- half a bunch of green parsley (leaves only, no vines)
- salt to taste.
How do you proceed?
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and bake the potatoes according to the method shown here. As the temperature is lower, they will be slower than the meat, so you have to bake them in time, about 30-45 minutes before baking the tray with the steak.
- Grease a pan with oil and place the pre-seasoned pieces of neck on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Make a few notches in each piece of the nape of the neck and insert the slices of peeled garlic into them
- Put the unclean puppies in the tray next to the pieces of meat
- Sprinkle the hot and sweet paprika and red peppercorns over the meat
- Put a sprig of thyme on each piece and throw it in the tray, next to the garlic
- Carefully pour the wine over the meat (so that the spices do not fly) and fill the liquid in the pan with water.
- Place a baking sheet soaked in water and squeezed well and put in the preheated oven for 60-90 minutes
- Check from time to time to have liquid in the tray filled with water, if necessary (usually not)
- When the meat is done (slightly insert the fork into it), set aside the baking sheet, increase the temperature to 200 ° C and let the steak brown for 10 - 15 minutes
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into small pieces.
- Add butter, salt, yogurt and parsley leaves
- Mix everything well with a hand mixer.
In addition to the puree neck, pickles and a drier, harsher red wine go very well.
Have fun and see you healthy again!
Baked fish with mashed potatoes
1. Cleaned and washed fish is sprinkled with lemon juice. Then add it to the flour, shake well and fry in half the amount of butter. After frying, place on a paper-covered plate.
2. Separately, in another pan with the rest of the butter, fry the finely grated onion very little. Stir gently with a wooden spoon and quench with vegetable broth. Then add the wine and cream and simmer for about 5 minutes. Over this sauce, put two egg yolks (previously beaten with a little salt and pepper) and chopped parsley.
3. Heat the oven. Peel the potatoes, wash well, cut into cubes and boil in salted water. Drain the water after boiling and pass the potatoes. Gradually add a little hot milk and mix until a fluffy consistency is obtained. Towards the end, add the butter, chopped hazelnuts and a little salt and mix until smooth.
4. Place the fish in the middle of a heat-resistant dish. Put the mashed potatoes with a splash on the edge of the bowl, and in the space between the fish and the mashed potatoes pour the onion sauce with cream and greens. A beaten egg yolk is poured all over the puree. Put in the oven and leave for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove the dish from the oven and garnish with dill, pieces of red pepper and lemon slices. Serve hot.
Potato mousse with pork
Finely chop the garlic and fry in two tablespoons of oil.
Finely chop the onion and add it over the garlic.
Fry together until the onion is well softened.
and allow to change color, stirring occasionally.
Then add the peeled tomatoes given to the blender
and simmer until the juice is well reduced.
Finely chop the greens and add to the composition at the end.
Stir and remove from the heat, allowing to cool.
When the composition has cooled, add the eggs and mix well.
Boil potatoes in half, ie about 10 minutes, cut into slices of equal thickness.
In a heat-resistant dish greased with a little oil, arrange a layer of potatoes,
then put half of the meat composition
and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
Continue with another layer of potato slices,
the rest of the meat composition,
slices of tomatoes placed on the entire surface
and slices of mozzarella on top of the tomatoes.
Put the dish in the preheated oven at 200 degrees and leave for about an hour, until nicely browned.
1. The meat previously boiled in the soup is broken into fringes and browned in 2 tablespoons of oil. Add ground pepper, salt and season with oregano.
2. Put the tomatoes in the broth and simmer for a few minutes, until the chopped tomatoes are melted in a sauce.
3. Add the chopped garlic and simmer for another minute. Put garlic, more or less, according to everyone's appetite. We taste and adjust the salt, if necessary. If you prefer hot, a chopped hot pepper can do its job.
4. Prepare the mashed potatoes. Butter and milk are a must for a tasty puree. I wrote in detail about the preparation technique here.
5. Put the meat sauce next to the puree or on the puree and garnish with green parsley. The puree and the sauce should be hot, the meat should be soft, everything should be spicy and flavorful and we will have a second course, after the soup, easily and quickly prepared and certainly delicious.
MEAT ROLL, POTATO PUREE
Do mletého masa nasypeme lžíci cukru a soli, přilijeme 200 ml vody, vše dobře promícháme a necháme do druhého dne proležet v lednici. Do uleželého mletého masa přidáme ostatní ingredient a vše dobře promícháme.
Jednu ruku si namočíme a dáme trochu mletého masa na dlaň druhé ruky a postupně přidáváme až k předloktí, takže máme na celé jedné ruce hrubý váleček masa, který si uplácáme do tvaru šiš. Volnou mokrou rukou si sekanou na ruce hezky uhladíme a položíme ji opatrně do pekáče, kde ji uhladíme i z druhé strany. After about 200 ml of boiling water, stir for about 40 minutes and stir at 200 ° C. Pak odkryjeme a pečeme ještě 10-20 minut, aby se nám vytvořila kůrčička.
Brambory uvaříme v osolené vodě do měkka, slijeme vodu a rozšťoucháme. Nakonec vmícháme na másle usmaženou cibulku, osolíme, opepříme a přidáme jarní cibulku.
Pork muscles with puree and red sauce
Along with the chicken noodle soup, the pork steak is part of the sentimental gastronomy that I carry (not carry, carry) with me since childhood. Sunday food, not everyday. From Monday to Saturday there were others, soups, salad soups or pods, stews with or without meat, cauliflower or breaded zucchini (if it was their time), eggplant salad, oriental salad, bean soup with or without smoking. The clear soup with yellow pennies of homemade lard and the steak with mashed potatoes and red sauce reached the family table only on Sundays. Soup recipes can still be found on my blog, in many ways. Steak recipes as well.
Now, about the steak: the pork tenderloin was a rare and expensive piece. Mine raised pigs, but pigs only have two muscles each. It's easy to understand that they ended quite quickly (my father made them stuffed with chopped, wrapped in a steamer and baked slowly, until they got the consistency of a pastrami). The steak was made from meat taken out of the freezer or, rarely, it was made in the winter and put in a jar in lard. It was also made from fresh meat, after the supplies ran out, usually from the chop (rarely the nape of the neck), leg, shoulder or ribs.
Today I give you a recipe with muscle. What do you need to know about muscle? That it burns quite quickly and that, if you don't dry it, it stays quite fragile. How do you keep it from drying out? You can season it with coarse salt and pepper, fry it well and evenly on all sides (about 10 minutes) in a pan with a little oil, then put it in the oven heated to 200 degrees Celsius for more 10 minutes (maybe more, maybe less, depending on the size of the muscle). To check that it is done, stick a thorn in the thickest part (a metal one), hold it there for 10 seconds and then stick it to the wrist, where the skin is thinner. Don't burn yourself, but if the spike is hot, it means that in the center of the piece of meat you have a temperature high enough for it to be made but also juicy at the same time (or you could use a meat thermometer, at 70-71 degrees Celsius you can take the meat out of the oven and let it rest for 2-3 minutes, long enough for the temperature inside to reach 73 degrees Celsius).
As for mashed potatoes, the simple thing is: boil them in salted water, crush them with melted butter in milk (about 30% of the amount of potatoes). The red sauce is even simpler: three basil leaves and a clove of garlic crushed in a pan with a little oil, mashed tomatoes or broth, salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar, leave on low heat until it drops as much as you want. Knowing all. To be healthy.