While the rest of the drinking world sips from the green-beer spigot this St. Patrick’s Day, class it up with this gold-studded Irish whiskey cocktail.
- 1 3/4 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1/4 ounce Islay scotch (or some other peaty scotch)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce ginger honey syrup*
- 1 egg white
- Garnish: edible gold flakes
Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and dry-shake (no ice).
Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
Garnish with edible gold flakes.
*Ginger honey syrup: Combine 1/4 cup chopped ginger, 1 cup honey and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, then let stand until room temperature. Strain into a container, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.