- 2 2/3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dry red wine (such as Chianti)
- 1 tablespoon (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 pounds red-skinned baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch-long pieces
- 2 medium onions, unpeeled, quartered lengthwise
- 1 5-pound boneless rib-eye roast, trimmed and tied, room temperature
- 3/4 cups chopped fresh Italian parsley
Combine vinegar, wine and sugar in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil until syrupy and reduced to 3/4 cup, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat. DO AHEAD Balsamic glaze can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.
Position 1 rack in center and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 325°F. Toss potatoes, carrots and onions with oil in large bowl to coat. Scatter vegetables on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on lower rack and roast 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Set meat on rack set in roasting pan. Place on center rack and roast until thermometer inserted into center registers 125°F; continue roasting vegetables until tender, about 1 hour 40 minutes. Transfer meat to cutting board; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Mix parsley into vegetables.
Cut meat into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Divide meat slices and vegetables among 8 plates. Drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze and serve.