Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Put the onion, garlic and potatoes in an oven tray. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes, until I became very.
After the vegetables are done, put them in a bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar and chopped parsley, then salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a grill pan over high heat. Remove the portions of fat from the meat. Rub the slices with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and Worcestershire sauce. Salt and pepper to taste, then grill on each side until smooth. -They are served. They are served with cooked vegetables.
Grilled Beef Antricot Ingredient:
- 1 piece of matured beef antricot, 5-6 cm thick. (my piece weighed 580 grams with bone, enough for 2 people) and pepper
- optional: 40 grams of butter, 1 sprig of rosemary, 1/2 clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper
Golden rules for a juicy beef steak:
Before moving on to the actual preparation, I would like to name a set of rules for the perfect steak that we talked about in the introduction.
- First of all, you need to choose the right cutting piece for your purpose. In this case, I chose the antricot that I will prepare on the grill. Antricot, a piece cut from beef carcass comprising the dorsal muscles reclined between the ribs 6-8 and the spine, sirloin and the net (beef muscle) are the pieces that are suitable for grilling or frying. The other cutting pieces (pulp, back, nape, ribs, brush, tail) are wonderful, they can develop exceptional flavors and textures, but they must be cooked slowly, so never venture to grill beef.
- At least as important is the quality of the meat: after slaughter, beef (like other animals, but especially those with strong muscles, such as game) becomes much more rigid. The maturation of the meat, in conditions of strictly controlled temperature, ventilation and humidity, has the role of allowing the natural enzymes in the meat to fragile it and to develop an intense, exceptional taste. The reason why the taste is more intense is very simple, the matured meat has less water and all the substances it contains are much more concentrated.
- My advice is to invest in a piece of matured beef when you intend to make a grilled steak, the difference from the & # 8222 rubber sole & # 8221 that we all run to the tender and juicy meat is in quality .
Preparing Grilled Beef Antricot:
1. Before placing the meat on the grill, it must reach a temperature as close as possible to that of the environment. Remove the meat from the fridge a quarter of an hour, or better half an hour before the actual cooking time (even 1 hour -1 hour and a half for larger pieces). Meanwhile, prepare the grill, part of it must be very, very hot, the opposite side must not have fire underneath.
2. I have heard many discussions that beef should not be seasoned before it is grilled, because salt would strengthen it. Well, I season the beef with salt and freshly ground pepper, just before starting the cooking process, and, without false modesty and being even pretentious, I ate the best steaks of my life at home. Of course, if you want to do the opposite, it's very good and so, the meat can be seasoned before or after cooking, as you prefer. I don't add other flavors, I want to enjoy the flavors of beef and that's it. What seems to me, however, a blasphemy, is the habit of keeping in the bait a high quality beef, such as matured meat. We really don't need such a thing and we don't need all kinds of flavors, we prepare a rather expensive piece, so we want to feel its taste.
3. The apricot is placed on that very hot portion of the grill. I have the ability to control the temperature, I never put the beef on the grill until it has heated up to 260 degrees Celsius.
4. If you want to get the characteristic pattern, with linear burn marks that intersect on the surface of the steak, after 3 minutes turn the meat to the left (or right) so that perpendicular to the burn marks that have already formed to form others. After another 2-3 minutes, the meat is turned on the opposite side and the twisting procedure is repeated. If you are not particularly interested in that design on the surface of the meat, leave the meat on the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side. From here, there are two different approaches:
Potatoes with tomato sauce, garlic and thyme in the oven & # 8211 fasting recipe
Potatoes with tomato sauce, garlic and thyme in the oven & # 8211 fasting recipe. Baked potatoes, fragrant and delicious. A simple fasting recipe (vegan) or a tasty garnish in addition to baked or grilled meats.
I did these potatoes with tomato sauce, garlic and thyme in the oven as an alternative to peasant potatoes with baked onions & # 8211 recipe here.
I don't like potatoes with broth or tomato juice so much because they come out more cooked than baked because the broth or tomato juice leaves more water. That's why I used tomato puree, a more concentrated sauce, so that the result is more baked / fried than boiled. The potatoes cooked in this way came out very fragrant due to the garlic, onions and spices used and can be eaten naked, as a kind of fast or within Dietina Rina (starch day).
The potatoes were nicely browned and received that specific taste of baked potato. A delight! You can also add other aromatic herbs (rosemary, basil) or 2-3 cloves of garlic, to taste.
I leave the quantities for 4 servings of potatoes with tomato sauce and onion in the oven.
Grilled beef with onion, garlic and baked potatoes
• 500 gr onion, finely chopped, • 2 cloves of garlic, cleaned, • 8 small or medium-sized potatoes, washed, • 3 tablespoons olive oil, • 1 teaspoon vinegar, • 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, • Salt and pepper black, • 4 slices of muscle (approx. 125 gr each), • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Difficulty: low | Time: 1h 30 min
About grilled or baked potatoes
In classic grills with wood or charcoal embers, the potatoes can be baked directly in the hot ash, but their peel will carbonize quickly. There is another inconvenience: the potatoes are energy consuming and kill the embers & # 8230 it simply cools down suddenly and no longer has the power to fry the meat on top.
It is best to place them on the edge of the grill and & # 8230. let's "forget" them for an hour or so. Talk about rubbing salt in my wounds - d'oh! 15-20 minutes. Of course, you can bake the potatoes in aluminum foil and bake for about an hour.
There are some stories circulating on the internet about aluminum foil & # 8211 that it is toxic. Is not! If that were the case, it would no longer be traded worldwide and would not be used by the great international leaders. Stop believing all unchecked nonsense! If, however, you are part of the giants' tagma, then there is a solution: spread a square of baking paper over the one of aluminum foil and thus the potato will not come into direct contact with it.
I used 14 new small-medium potatoes from which 4 good portions (garnish) or 2 servings come out as a stand-alone vegetarian dish.