Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Serbian rice:
First, dissolve the Knorr cube with the 4 cups of water. Peel the peppers and carrots. We chop them finely. Chop the onion into cubes and put it in a deeper pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Let it harden a little and then add the rest of the vegetables. Add the rice and a little finely chopped greens. Remove the pan from the heat, leave a little and cover everything with the 4 cups of water. Add a tablespoon of tomato paste or chopped pepper. Put the lid on and leave until the rice is cooked and the water drops completely. At the end, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley. Leave on the right heat for about 40-45 minutes. It can be served as a garnish or as such.
PHOTO - Fasting recipes. Serbian pilaf
A quick-cooked meal during Lent, a very simple and easy-to-prepare recipe is the pilaf to make. The recipe is ready & icircn maximum half an hour, and for four servings the following ingredients are needed:
-250g round grain rice
-4 bell peppers
-1 normal onion
-3 tablespoons oil
-1 tablespoon tomato paste
-salt and ground pepper to taste
-4 sprigs of green dill
Method of preparation
-onion is cleaned and cut into small pieces,
-the peppers are cleaned from the spine, washed and cut into cubes,
- beat a little oil and cook the onion over high heat, stirring constantly until it becomes glassy,
-add the pepper and keep it on the fire for ten minutes, stirring periodically,
-add the rice and mix well and after two minutes add a tablespoon of broth and mix,
-fill with water and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper,
-boil over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the juice is almost completely swallowed by the rice,
-add the finely chopped dill and mix the rice well,
-stop the fire and cover the pilaf with a lid for ten minutes,
-Serbian pilaf can be served hot with homemade bread and garnished with greens, but being a fasting food it is very good and cold
Serbian rice is often prepared in kitchens across the country. The qualities of this preparation are the spicy taste and the very pleasant appearance.
You can use any type of rice, and if you use chicken (boneless meat, breast) you can cut it into cubes and fry it at the beginning, together with the onion.
You can also use canned tomatoes and fresh tomatoes if you want a Serbian rice with tomatoes.
- 200 g of rice
- 200 g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 liter of water or vegetable soup
- 40 ml oil
- 5-6 pickled tomatoes and pepper to taste.
Method of preparation
Peel onions, bell peppers and parsley sprigs. Wash and chop them as follows: onions - scales, bell peppers, carrots and mushrooms - in cubes, and parsley - finely, scald the tomatoes so that you can peel them more easily, then chop them.
All these vegetables are put in the pan, over a low heat, stirring constantly, so that they do not stick. After frying the vegetables in a pan, add the rice, cover with water and bring to a boil.
Season with salt, pepper, paprika, then add finely chopped tomatoes and crushed garlic. Pour more water, if necessary.
It can be served with a summer salad or pickles or as a garnish for a steak.
Cast iron rice pilaf
For about a year I discovered the magic of the cast iron pan after a very inspired gift received from my sister and brother-in-law. Everywhere, from Asia to the States, everyone hails this "trivial" material, but until I got my hands on the pan I didn't understand why.
Since then I have used it in the oven and on the fire at all kinds of temperatures and dishes from gulyas to bread and pizza, replacing a lot of dishes I used before.
One of the best uses is what Americans call "one pot wonder," a dish that can be made in a single pot or pan.I started by heating the pan over high heat, then I reduced it to medium, I added 2 tablespoons of oil and 50g of butter. When the butter melted, I added 4 boneless and diced top chicken legs. Once browned, I took them out in a bowl and added a finely chopped onion and two celery sticks to the pan.
After a few seconds I added 50g of bacon cut into very thin slices and chopped. When it also browned, I added a glass of white wine, increased the heat, stirring vigorously until the wine evaporated, when I added a tomato cut into eight slices. After another 1-2 minutes I added a cup of round grain rice and mixed the grains until they became translucent. Using the round bean led me to a combination of pilaf and risotto.
I added two cups of water, brought it to the boil and covered it with the cast iron lid from the same set as the pan. I left it on a very low heat for 15 minutes, and then another 5 with the fire off.
During this time I mixed the cubes of browned chicken with a few tablespoons of canned chickpeas. You can use chickpeas soaked from the day before, then boiled one & two hours in salted water, but I was looking for speed today, so I used a can. To make sure you have a good can, I recommend you buy the one that contains only salt water and chickpeas.
I seasoned the chickpea and chicken mix with paprika, chili flakes, freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
I then lifted the lid off the rice, salted it and mixed it with the tip of a fork to aerate the rice and even out the salt. I then added the chickpeas and meat and served hot.
Simple recipes simple recipes
& # 8211 2 tomatoes
& # 8211 two bell peppers, one yellow, the other red
& # 8211 salt, pepper
& # 8211 a tablespoon of olive oil
& # 8211 patrunjel
Put the tomatoes in boiling water to peel them, after peeling cut them into small pieces. Be careful not to let it boil, as the peeling tomatoes show, you take them off the heat. On the fire, put in the pan, obviously, onions, carrots for hardening. After hardening, start adding the rice, in stages, while adding water, so that it does not stick. After the contents boil, add salt, pepper and tomatoes. Add the oil little by little, not all at once. After a while, add the peppers, finely chopped. At this stage it is good for the cooking to be slow under the lid. It is also recommended to put in the oven, about 25-30 minutes. If you do not want to make this move, leave the pan on low heat, with the lid on and it is ready, when you find it appropriate that the rice has boiled. At the end add the greens and you're done!
Serbian rice - Recipes
Preparation time: 30 min.
Ingredient: Onions, bell peppers, carrots, peas (optional), mushrooms (optional), canned tomatoes or 1 tablespoon broth, round, delicate rice or meat soup, oil, salt, pepper, dill, parsley, 1 clove of garlic .
Method of preparation: Peel a squash, grate it and slice it. Fry all the vegetables a little, preferably in olive oil. Add the rice and mix with the vegetables.
Cover with water, add gently to taste and simmer. From time to time, stir and, if necessary, add water to boil the rice and vegetables. The food must be tied.
Add canned tomatoes or broth, spices, thin slices of garlic.
It is served as a garnish for steak or as a fasting dish.
|1. Eggplants stuffed with rice (II) (Foods> Vegetables) |
2. Zucchini stuffed with rice and semolina (Foods> Vegetable and vegetable dishes)
3. Carp stuffed with rice (Food> Fish and seafood)
4. Rice and Vegetable Salad (Salads> Vegetable Salads)
5. Chinese rice (Foods> Rice dishes)
6. Rice salad with chicken hammers (Salads> Poultry salads)
7. Potroace soup with rice (Soups, broths, borscht> Soups)
8. Musaca with rice and cheese crust (Foods> Vegetable and vegetable dishes)
9. Rice in caramel milk (Sweets> Puddings)
10. Rice pudding with apples (Sweets> Puddings)
11. Rice pudding with prunes (Sweets> Puddings)
12. Vegetable soup with rice (Soups, broths, borscht> Vegetable soups)
13. Peppers stuffed with rice and eggs (Food> Vegetables)
14. Brown rice salad with curry (Salads> Vegetable salads)
15. Roasts with rice spaghetti and donut sauce (Food> Minced meat dishes)
16. Chinese rice with chicken and vegetables (Dishes> Rice dishes)
17. Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Rice (Food> Fish and Seafood)
18. Chicken with rice noodles (Food> Meat dishes)
19. Chicken with rice and pumpkin (Food> Meat dishes)
20. Fried rice dumplings (Sweets> Cakes)
21. Rice and chicken food (Food> Meat dishes)
22. Rice Cake (Sweets> Cakes)
23. Chicken stuffed with rice (Food> Meat dishes)
24. Liver with mushrooms and boiled rice (Foods> Organ dishes)
25. Greek beef soup with rice (Soups, broths, borscht> Soups)
26. Rice with spinach and Telemea cheese (Foods> Vegetables)
27. Chicken with rice (Food> Meat dishes)
28. Rice mushroom salad (Salads> Vegetable salads)
29. Rice with peppers and seafood (Food> Fish and seafood)
30. Sarmale of sauerkraut with rice and raisins (Foods> Vegetables)
Vegetable pots with rice / Serbian pilaf
Whether it's summer or it's fasting time, this pot of Serbian vegetables / pilaf is a delight. Basically, the pot is a vegetable stew full of vitamins and nutrients, it can be served as such or as a side dish with various meat or fasting dishes.
I remember the times when I went to the village, my grandmother had two ways to prepare this pot, if it was for breakfast she would add eggs to it, and if it was for lunch or dinner rice. It was so good and tasty that it stuck somewhere on my retina and every time I cook it it reminds me of the holidays in the country, of the beautiful childhood I had.
Ingredients potted vegetables / Serbian pilaf
- 300 g bell pepper
- 300 g white onion
- 200 g carrots
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml of sunflower oil
- 500 g fresh tomatoes or 300 g tomatoes in broth
- 70 g round grain rice
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of vegetable pots with rice / Serbian pilaf:
We wash and clean all the vegetables.
Cut the onion and pepper into juliennes, finely chop the garlic and put them to harden in oil for 10 minutes over medium heat.
Add the sliced carrots and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add 300-350 ml of water, and when it starts to boil, add the previously washed rice, salt and pepper.
Add the tomatoes and continue to cook until the rice is cooked.
Add the parsley and the vegetable pot with rice is ready.
Simple, tasty and healthy! Good job and good appetite!
Serbian rice with chicken
1. Wash the rice in two or three waters and then put it to harden, in a pan with a little oil, together with the finely chopped onion and the other vegetables, either given through a small grater or cut into rounds. Then add 700 ml of water, bring to the boil until the rice is swallowed. Long grain rice should not be mixed when it is on the fire so that it does not stick or crush the grains.
2. To be even tastier, add salt, a little white pepper and butter and put in the oven for 15 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
3. Separately, clean the chicken, wash, season and put in the oven with a little water and oil. Leave for about 40 minutes. After browning, sprinkle with a little white wine to have a special taste with rice. This dish is served hot with a garnish of sour cucumbers or cabbage salad and garnished with green parsley as desired.
Serbian rice is the ideal dinner, but you can also enjoy it with a family lunch, especially since the recipe is simple and quick!
1. Peel and wash the carrots, peppers, onions and roots. Grate on a large grater and finely chop the onion and pepper.
2. Simmer in a little oil over low heat and add lukewarm water little by little, to suffocate. During this time, choose the rice, go through some water and put it over the vegetables. Stir continuously, add water and season with salt and pepper. When it has swelled, put it in the oven to brown.
3. Separately, cut the chicken breast in half, season with salt, pepper and rosemary and wrap in bacon slices. Put in the oven with wine, oil and water and let it brown. Serbian pilaf is served with chicken breast dressed in bacon.
Serbian rice with chicken
Video recipe I SERBIAN RICE WITH CHICKEN lower:
Stir, put the lid on and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
Chop 10 mushrooms into suitable pieces.
Take the lid off, add the mushrooms, stir and put the lid back on.
Cook the mushrooms for 7-8 minutes.
Take the lid, mix and add 350 g of round grain rice, washed well in cold water and drained.
Stir and then add salt, freshly ground pepper, paprika and dried thyme. Mix well.
Add 1 l of hot chicken soup / base. Stir and put the lid on. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Take the lid, mix and sprinkle a bunch of freshly chopped parsley.
Put the lid on to infuse the flavors and take the pot off the heat. Leave the pot with the lid on for 15 minutes before serving the rice.
Wash and clean 6 lower thighs.
Prick the thighs on all sides with a fork.
Sprinkle salt, freshly ground pepper and dried thyme on all sides of the thighs. Massage the thighs well to cover with spices.
Put the thighs in a pan and add 60 ml of oil. Turn on the heat at a moderate intensity.
Cook / fry the thighs for 20 minutes, on all sides until well browned.
Add 200 ml of water. Put the lid on and cook for 30 minutes on both sides (15 min on one side and 15 on the other).
Take the lid off, turn off the heat and serve the thighs with the rice.
Video recipe I SERBIAN RICE WITH CHICKEN lower: